Coenzyme PQQ, an active ingredient is the Pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ) which acts as an antioxidant protecting the mitochondria against free radicals. It also promotes the spontaneous generation of new mitochondria within aging cells, a process known as mitochondrial biogenesis resulting in significant health benefits.
Konig Coenzyme PQQ, an active ingredient is the Pyrroloquinoline Quinone (PQQ) which is an organic molecule discovered in bacteria in 1979 as the third redox coenzyme following nicotinamides. PQQ is found in all human tissues and liquids. Animal and human tissues contain from 1 to 3 ng of PQQ per gram tissue or ml of fluid. Humans consume from 0.1 to 1.0 mg PQQ and its derivatives per day based on available food compositional data.
A clinical study carried out at the University of California showed that supplementation with PQQ increased mitochondrial activity and reduced its inflammation (1).
Another study carried out at Niigata Research Laboratory in Japan showed that supplementation with Pyrroloquinoline quinone improved sleepiness at awakening, sleep onset and maintenance, and sleep duration (2).
In 2010, researchers at the University of California at Davis released a peer-reviewed publication showing that PQQ’s critical role in growth and development stems from its unique ability to activate cell signaling pathways directly involved in cellular energy metabolism, development, and function (3).
Most significantly, the study demonstrated that PQQ not only protects mitochondria from oxidative stress—it promotes the spontaneous generation of new mitochondria within aging cells, a process known as mitochondrial biogenesis
The amino acid Glycine acts as a reducing agent for the redox recycling of PQQ (4).
Phosphatidylcholine is known as a bio absorption enhancer.
Konig Coenzyme PQQ Features:
- Capsules per container: 30
- Capsule shell: hard gelatin
- Bottle size: 150 cc
- Active ingredient dosage per capsule:
Pyrroloquinoline quinone bis-Glycine………………..15 mg
- Also contains Phosphatidylcholine (Lecithin) and Vitamin E
- Organic / Dairy Free / Gluten Free / Soy Free
Konig Coenzyme PQQ Contains:
- Pyrroloquinoline quinone bis-Glycine……………….15 mg
- Phosphatidylcholine (lecithin)………………………….100 mg
- Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)…………………………….10 mg
Non Medicinal Ingredients
- Microcrystalline cellulose, Magnesium stearate, Gelatin
Konig Coenzyme PQQ does not contain:
- Dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, corn, yeast, nuts, artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours
Konig Coenzyme PQQ Recommended Dosage:
- Adults: Take 1 capsule daily or as directed by a healthcare practitioner
Konig Coenzyme PQQ Cautions:
- Consult your health care provider prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- As with any natural health products, you should consult a healthcare practitioner on the use of this product.
- Do not use if seal is broken.
- Keep sealed, store in a cool, dry place and at 15 – 25 deg. Celsius.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Calliandra B. Harris et al.; Dietary pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ) alters indicators of inflammation and mitochondrial-related metabolism in human subjects; Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry 24 (2013) 2076–2084
Masahiko Nakano et al. Effects of Oral Supplementation with Pyrroloquinoline Quinone on Stress, Fatigue, and Sleep; Functional Foods in Health and Disease 2012, 2(8):307-324
Chowanadisai, W et al. Pyrroloquinoline quinone stimulates mitochondrial biogenesis through cAMP response element-binding protein phosphorylation and increased PGC-1alpha expression. Journal of Biological Chemistry 285 (1): 142–152.
J.A. Duine; PQQ, an elusive coenzyme?- Trends in Biochemical Sciences, Volume 15, Issue 3, Page 96
This product is not for sale in Canada!!!