Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a compound found naturally in the energy-producing center of the cell known as the mitochondria. CoQ10 is involved in making an important molecule known as adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP serves as the cell’s major energy source and drives a number of biological processes, including muscle contraction and the production of protein. CoQ10 also works as an antioxidant.
Antioxidants are substances that scavenge free radicals, damaging compounds in the body that alter cell membranes, tamper with DNA, and even cause cell death. Free radicals occur naturally in the body, but environmental toxins (including ultraviolet light, radiation, cigarette smoking, and air pollution) can also increase the number of these damaging particles. Scientists believe free radicals contribute to the aging process, as well as the development of a number of health problems. Antioxidants, such as CoQ10, can neutralize free radicals and may reduce or even help prevent some of the damage they cause.
Coenzyme Q10 boosts energy, enhances the immune system, and acts as an antioxidant. Clinical research suggests that using coenzyme Q10 supplements alone or in combination with other drug therapies and nutritional supplements may help your general health.
Clinical studies show that supplementation with CoQ10 can reduce cardiovascular risk.
Our BioActive Coenzyme Q10 contains a higher dose of naturally fermented CoQ10 (200 mg) and is blended with Black Pepper and natural Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl).
Several studies have shown that Piperine (the active ingredient in Black Pepper) can increase the bio-availability of CoQ10 several times over.
Bio-absorption of coenzyme Q10 can be increased considerably (60-70%) if taken simultaneously with Biopiperine. Biopiperine is an original product by Provita Nutrition manufactured at Celex Canadian Laboratories by creating a compound comprised of Biotin and Piperine, which increases the bio-matrix absorption in the small intestine. Addition of vitamin E increases the synergistic effect of coenzyme Q10.
Other benefits of Bioperine:
- Increases production of beta-endorphin in the brain
- It works magic against pain
- Increases production of serotonin in the brain
- Increases production of adrenal gland adrenaline
- Alters the contractions of the upper and lower digestive tract
- Reduces stomach acid production for about an hour.
- Increases production of pancreatic digestive enzymes (amylase, lipase, trypsin and chimotrypsin)
The chart below shows the increased absorption of coenzyme Q10 by Bioperine in the blood.
Provita Nutrition Coenzyme Q10 Highlights:
- Improves immune function in individuals with immune deficiencies
- A High Bioavailable product
- With the addition of vitamin E and Bioperine
Provita Nutrition Coenzyme Q10 Dosage:
- 1 to 2 capsules per day.
- Excellent results were obtained by mixing the two coenzymes in the morning: a tablet of a coenzyme1 – NADH 12 mg with one Bioactive CoQ10 200mg capsules.
DID YOU KNOW?
Statins, the mainstream cholesterol drugs, deplete CoQ10 in the heart muscle. Health Canada recommends supplementation with CoQ10 for all adults taking statins.