Silymarin 300 contains standardized Milk Thistle and L-Glutathione for supporting and protecting the liver function.
Milk thistle originally is from Europe, but now it also is grown in the United States. Milk thistle’s scientific name is Silybum marianum. The milk thistle ingredient that experts believe is responsible for milk thistle’s medicinal qualities is called silymarin. Silymarin is found in the fruits of the milk thistle plant. Studies in animals have shown that this milk thistle ingredient promotes the following activities:
Liver Cell Growth – Silymarin from milk thistle promotes the growth of some types of cells in the liver. Milk thistle is not used to prevent Hepatitis C Virus from causing liver disease. Rather, milk thistle is used to minimize the damage to the liver that HCV can cause.
Antihepatotoxic Activity – Studies suggest that this compound from milk thistle can block various types of toxins from entering and injuring liver cells.
Antioxidation – Provita Nutrition Silymarin 300 is an effective “antioxidant,” which means milk thistle may help fight a destructive chemical process in the body known as “oxidation.” In oxidation, harmful substances produced in the body (called free radicals) can damage cells. Some studies suggest that milk thistle silymarin can prevent these substances from damaging liver cells.
Inflammation Inhibition – Milk thistle’s Silymarin prevents inflammation (swelling) of the liver; this may be described as displaying anti-inflammatory properties.
- Liver Diseases, acute, chronic hepatitis
- Protects liver from toxins, heavy metals, alcohol, poisons
- Uterine tonic, menstrual difficulties
- Spleen, kidney, gall bladder tonic
- Varicose veins
- Regenerate liver cells damaged by alcohol or drugs
- Decongests the liver (A liver decongestant stimulates bile flow through the liver and gallbladder, thus reducing stagnation and preventing gallstone formation and bile-induced liver damage.)
- Increases the survival rate of patients with cirrhosis
- Complements the treatment of viral hepatitis
- Protects against industrial poisons, such as carbon tetracholoride (a colorless gas that leaks into air, water and soil near manufacturing and waste sites)
- Protects the liver against pharmaceuticals that stress the liver, such as acetaminophen and tetracycline
- Antidote and prevent poisoning from the death cap mushroom, Amanita phalloides
Provita Nutrition Silymarin 300 Contains:
- Milk thistle (Silybum marianum)…………………………………..250 mg
- Standardized to minimum 80% (200 mg) silymarin
- L-Glutathione (reduced)………………………………………………50 mg
Non Medicinal Ingredients
- Rice flour, Magnesium Stearate, Gelatin (capsule)
Does not Contain:
- Dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, corn, yeast, nuts, artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours.