ALPHA LIPOIC ACID ALA-300
Alpha-lipoic Acid (LA), also known as thioctic acid, is a naturally occurring compound that is synthesized in small amounts by plants and animals, including humans. Supplementation with high doses of LA transiently increases plasma and cellular levels of free LA. Although LA is a potent antioxidant in the test tube, LA supplementation may affect health by stimulating glutathione synthesis, enhancing insulin signaling and modulating the activity of other cell signaling molecules and transcription factors. Several studies have found that they can improve insulin resistance. Studies also found that alpha lipoic acid supplements can help with neuropathy — nerve damage. They seem to reduce symptoms like pain, tingling, and prickling in the feet and legs. It may also help protect the retina.
Provita Nutrition Alpha Lipoic Acid ALA-300:
- Provides support for sugar metabolism
- Neutralizes free radicals (those soluble in water as well as those soluble in fat)
- Latest research has found that Alpha Lipoic Acid is very promising for the re-vitalization and reversing the aging process.
- Decreases the negative effects of free radicals in the nervous system cells
- Chelates (binds) the iron and copper ions
- Acts like the co-factor enzyme in energy metabolism and assimilation of vitamins
- Recycles all other worn antioxidants such as vitamins C and E bringing them back at their normal functional parameters.
- Lowers cholesterol, by regulating lipids metabolism
- Contributes to liver cells protection
- Alpha Lipoic acid is involved in carbohydrate metabolism especially associated with Chromium Picolinate
Provita Nutrition ALA-300 contains:
- Standardized Alpha Lipoic Acid …………………… 300mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid dosage:
- Normal treatment dose: 1 capsule daily, preferably morning 15-30 minutes before meals