Indole-3-carbinol and cancer. Investigation of mechanisms by which consumption of indole-3-carbinol might influence cancer incidence focuses on its ability to alter estrogen metabolism and other cellular effects. Controlled studies have been performed on such animals as rats, mice, and rainbow trout, introducing various controlled levels of carcinogens, and levels of Indole-3-carbinol into their daily diet. Results showed dose-related decreases in tumor susceptibility due to Indole-3-carbinol (inferred by decreases in aflatoxin-DNA binding). The first direct evidence of pure anti-initiating activity by a natural anticarcinogen (indole-3-carbinol) found in human diet was claimed by Dashwood, et al., in 1989.
In 2006, Hsu proved that indole-3-carbinol induces a G1 growth arrest of human reproductive cancer cells. This is significant in the prevention and treatment of cancer, as the G1 phase of cell growth occurs early in the cell lifecycle, and, for most cells, is the major period of cell cycle during its lifespan. The G1 phase is marked by synthesis of various enzymes that are required in the next (“S”) phase, including those needed for DNA replication. Overuse of indole-3-carbinol supplements in the hope of preventing cancer may be unwise, as the hormone balance should be tested (via simple blood test) before regular consumption. Such caution is advised, due to its effect on estrogen levels (estrogen has a significant impact on brain function) Indole-3-carbinol has also anticancer and other beneficial effects for the body. Can be taken both preventive (by people prone to cancer) and to cure cancer. Recent studies indicate strong synergistic action of indole-3-carbinol association with DIM (3,3 ‘-Di-indolymethane)
Provita Nutrition Indole-3-Carbinol manipulates the antitumor genes p21, p27 and p53 having a chemotherapeutic effect on all types of cancer and works extremely well against herpes simplex and Human Papilloma Virus and inhibits growth and produces apoptosis (programmed death) of cancer cells in breast, cervix, endometrial, prostate, colon, skin cancer and leukemia but also in other cancers as well.
Studies at the University of California at Berkeley and Cancer Research Laboratory have certified the synergic action of I3C + DIM in cell apoptosis in breast cancer. Moreover, it was found that indole-3-carbinol + DIM enhances tamoxifen’s action, substance administered as chemotherapy.
Biologist Dr. Hien T. Lee, also from the University of California Berkeley found that I-3-C (indole-3-carbinol), is effective in treating prostate cancer by blocking male hormones that are responsible for the multiplication of cancer cells in the prostate. In 2006 Dr. Hsu has shown that indole-3-carbinol induces a stop (arrest) of G1 phase of the growth cycle and reproduction of human malignant cells. This is significant in preventing and treating cancer because G1 growth phase occurs in early stages of malignant cell life cycle. G1 phase is dominated by the synthesis of various enzymes which are strictly necessary for the next phase (phase S) including those enzymes required for DNA replication (modified DNA, “malignant”). This is crucial because the distinction between a healthy cell cancerous one is just the modification of DNA.
- Pre-menopause, Menopause, Estrogen excess
- Prostate dysfunctions (prostate inflammation)
- Shown to have anti-carcinogenic properties
- Helps protect against all types of cancers
- In a base of cruciferous vegetables
Provita Nutrition Indole-3-Carbinol Contains:
- Indole-3-Carbinol………………………….200 mg
- DIM (3,3’-Di-indolymethane)………………25 mg
Non Medicinal Ingredients:
- Microcrystalline cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Vegetarian Capsule
Provita Nutrition Indole-3-Carbinol Does not Contain:
- Dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, corn, yeast, nuts, artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours.
Provita Nutrition Indole-3-Carbinol Dosage:
- Adults: As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsules daily with a meal or a glass of water.For breast cancer may be associated synergistically with Reishi + Vitamin E, E8, or with a Complex of tocopherols.
Provita Nutrition Indole-3-Carbinol Cautions:
- Do not take if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking any medication or natural health products, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- If you are attempting to conceive, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- If you have a liver disorder or symptoms of low estrogen (such as joint pain, mood changes, changes in libido, hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness or irregular menstruation), consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- If you develop liver-related symptoms (e.g. abdominal pain, jaundice) or symptoms of low estrogen, discontinue use and consult a heath care practitioner.
- To exclude the diagnosis of a serious cause of hormonal imbalance, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- As with any natural health products, you should consult a healthcare practitioner on the use of this product.
- Do not use if seal is broken.
- Keep sealed, store in a cool, dry place and at 15 – 25 deg. Celsius.
- Keep out of reach of children.