Indole-3-carbinol. Investigation of mechanisms by which consumption of indole-3-carbinol might influence abnormal cell growth incidences focuses on its ability to alter estrogen metabolism and other cellular effects. Controlled studies have been performed on such animals as rats, mice, and rainbow trout, introducing various controlled levels of carcinogens, and levels of Indole-3-carbinol into their daily diet. Results showed dose-related decreases in tumor susceptibility due to Indole-3-carbinol (inferred by decreases in aflatoxin-DNA binding). The first direct evidence of pure anti-initiating activity by a natural anticarcinogen (indole-3-carbinol) found in human diet was claimed by Dashwood, et al., in 1989.
In 2006, Hsu proved that indole-3-carbinol induces a G1 growth arrest of human reproductive tumor cells. This is significant in the prevention and treatment malignant growth, as the G1 phase of cell growth occurs early in the cell lifecycle, and, for most cells, is the major period of cell cycle during its lifespan. The G1 phase is marked by synthesis of various enzymes that are required in the next (“S”) phase, including those needed for DNA replication. Overuse of indole-3-carbinol supplements in the hope of preventing tumors may be unwise, as the hormone balance should be tested (via simple blood test) before regular consumption. Such caution is advised, due to its effect on estrogen levels (estrogen has a significant impact on brain function) Indole-3-carbinol has also anticancer and other beneficial effects for the body. Recent studies indicate strong synergistic action of indole-3-carbinol association with DIM (3,3 ‘-Di-indolymethane)
Provita Nutrition Indole-3-Carbinol manipulates the antitumor genes p21, p27 and p53 having a chemotherapeutic effect on all types of cancer and works extremely well against herpes simplex and Human Papilloma Virus and inhibits growth and produces apoptosis.
WHAT IS IT?
Recent studies show that Indole-3-carbinol (I-3-C) offers powerful antioxidant properties particularly beneficial for women. Extracted from cruciferous vegetables such as kale, broccoli, brussels
sprouts, cabbage, and bok-choi, I-3-C has proven to support safer estrogen metabolism and reduce the risk of health problems.
Provita Nutrition & Health Synergistic Indole-3-Carbinol,
includes Di-indolylmethane (DIM) which works synergistically to potentially inhibit the negative effects of high estrogen for breast, prostate and cervical problems. DIM is a stable indole also found in cruciferous vegetables. DIM promotes beneficial estrogen metabolism and helps to reduce the
severity and duration of symptoms associated with recurrent breast pain (cyclical mastalgia).
DID YOU KNOW?
I-3-C is produced by the breakdown of the glucosinolate glucobrassicin, which can be found at relatively high levels in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussels
sprouts, collard greens and kale.
- Pre-menopause, Menopause, Estrogen excess
- Prostate dysfunctions (prostate inflammation)
- Shown to have anti-tumors properties
- In a base of cruciferous vegetables
Provita Nutrition Indole-3-Carbinol Contains:
- Indole-3-Carbinol………………………….200 mg
- DIM (3,3’-Di-indolymethane)………………25 mg
Non Medicinal Ingredients:
- Microcrystalline cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Vegetarian Capsule
Provita Nutrition Indole-3-Carbinol Does not Contain:
- Dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, corn, yeast, nuts, artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours.
Provita Nutrition Indole-3-Carbinol Dosage:
- Adults: As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsules daily with a meal or a glass of water. May be associated synergistically with Reishi + Vitamin E, E8, or with a Complex of tocopherols.
Provita Nutrition Indole-3-Carbinol Cautions:
- Do not take if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking any medication or natural health products, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- If you are attempting to conceive, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- If you have a liver disorder or symptoms of low estrogen (such as joint pain, mood changes, changes in libido, hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness or irregular menstruation), consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- If you develop liver-related symptoms (e.g. abdominal pain, jaundice) or symptoms of low estrogen, discontinue use and consult a heath care practitioner.
- To exclude the diagnosis of a serious cause of hormonal imbalance, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
- As with any natural health products, you should consult a healthcare practitioner on the use of this product.
- Do not use if seal is broken.
- Keep sealed, store in a cool, dry place and at 15 – 25 deg. Celsius.
- Keep out of reach of children.