Nigella Black Cumin Oil
The oil from the seeds of Nigella sativa is rich in linoleic acid (LA). Linoleic acid is a double unsaturated essential fatty acid (EFA) used in the bio-synthesis of prostaglandins and cell membranes. Black cumin seed oil also contains Thymoquinone, Thymohydroquinone, Thymol (also found in Thyme essential oil) and Nigellone (see more details below).
Thymoquinone, is a powerful anti-bacterial / anti-fungal with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory. Researches also found this component of Nigella sativa seed oil can help with encephalomyelitis, diabetes, asthma and allergy, and can also be useful against a large number of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
Thymohydroquinone is a potent inhibitor of acetylcholinesterase resulting in a longer time for the neurotransmitter acetylcholine to stay active in the brain. This could be helpful with neurodegenerative conditions. Thymol is a natural monoterpene that has antiviral activity ranging from tuberculosis to hepatitis, while Nigellone is a powerful antihistaminic with positive effects on asthma and allergies.
Did you know
Nigella Black Cumin Oil was used medicinally in Russia as far back as over 3,000 years ago. It was also used in ancient Rome where it was also known as “Roman Coriander”.
Each SoftGel Contains:
- Black Cumin Seed Oil………………500 mg
- (Nigella Sativa cold pressed seed oil)
Non Medicinal Ingredients
- Glycerin, gelatin, mixed tocopherols.
Does not contain
- Dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, corn, yeast, nuts, artificial sweeteners, colors, preservatives or flavors.
Who can benefit?
- Because of its many benefits, black cumin seed oil can and should be taken by all adults on a daily basis. Overall, Black Cumin seed oil can be beneficial for liver, lungs, stomach, intestines, skin (acne when used topically).
Nigella Black Cumin Oil dose
- Adults take 2 softgels 2 times per day.
- Take with food.
Nigella Black Cumin Oil Cautions:
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are breast feeding, are trying to conceive or if you have an immune system disorder. Discontinue use if you experience gastrointestinal upset. Consult a healthcare practitioner for use beyond 8 weeks.
- Do not use if seal is broken.
Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep sealed, store in a cool, dry place at 15–25ºC.