Pancreatin Pro supports healthy digestive function and relief from bloating, gas and indigestion as well as absorption of nutrients more effectively. Containing a high dosage of important digestive enzymes, Provita Nutrition Pancreatin Pro provides 375mg of Pancreatin and is ideal for those who experience frequent indigestion.
Provita Nutrition Pancreatin Pro is a mixture of several digestive enzymes produced by the exocrine cells of the pancreas. It is composed of amylase, lipase and protease. This mixture is used to treat conditions in which pancreatic secretions are deficient leading to deficient digestion of proteins .
Pancreatic enzymes can help with food allergies by improving digestion. Pancreatic enzymes and protease enzyme preparations have been shown to be useful in the treatment of many acute and chronic inflammatory conditions including sports injuries.
Enzymes are catalysts of chemical reactions. This means that they initiate and increase the rate of one or several body processes. Without enzymes, reactions in the body would take place too slowly to maintain life. Digestive enzymes are responsible for breaking down food particles so that they can be absorbed in the intestinal tract and either used for energy or stored for later use.
There are three main categories of digestive enzymes, amylase, protease and lipase. Amylase enzymes digest sugars, for example, like milk sugar is digested by lactase and cane sugar by sucrase. Amylase is found in saliva, pancreatic juice and intestinal juice. Proteases are responsible for breaking down protein. It is found in intestinal and pancreatic juice. Lipases digest fat and are released in the stomach and intestines.
Pancreatic enzymes are digestive enzymes that enable the body to properly digest proteins, fats and sugars. They are derived from an animal’s pancreas and therefore contains enzymes that work in the intestines (an alkaline environment). Enzymes naturally occur in all raw foods. When referring to the “ripeness” of a food we are talking about its readiness to be eaten. Ripe foods are most abundant in enzymes that are used for digestion. Rancid foods are already being digested by the naturally occurring enzymes. Unfortunately enzymes are destroyed by the cooking and processing of foods. This means that most of the foods the average person consumes are deficient in enzymes. The body must do all of the work to digest the food or, more commonly, foods are improperly digested.
Pancreatin Pro HIGHLIGHTS:
- Promotes full digestion of proteins, carbohydrates and fats
- Helps reduce pain and inflammation
- Helpful for gas and bloating
- Important for those who have liver or gallbladder conditions
- High enzyme activity
Pancreatin Pro Contains:
- Pancreatic enzymes ………………………………………….375 mg
- 32500 units Protease
- 2600 units Triacylglycerol lipase
- 32500 units alpha-Amylase
Non Medicinal Ingredients
- Rice flour, Magnesium stearate, Delayed Release vegetable gelatin
Pancreatin Pro does not contain:
- Dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, corn, yeast, nuts, artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours
Recommended Dose (Adults 19 years and over):
- Take 1 capsule 1 to 3 times per day
Pancreatin Pro cautions:
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have diabetes, pancreatitis, pancreatic exocrine insufficiency or cystic fibrosis, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health care practitioner.
- Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain/epigastric pain and/or heartburn have been known to occur, in which case discontinue use.
- Do not use if seal is broken.
- Keep sealed, store in a cool, dry place and at 15 – 25 deg. Celsius.
- Keep out of reach of children.