Artemisinin is a terpenoid compound with anti-parasitic, anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. It can be found in the leaves and flowers of Artemisia annua. Homologues can be obtained by microbial fermentation. It has been used as a treatment for malaria but recent studies indicate a much broader medicinal activity. Artemisinin is effective against a wide variety of cancers as shown in a series of successful experiments. The most effective is leukemia and colon cancer. Intermediate activities were also shown against melanoma, breast, ovarian, prostate, CNS and renal cancer.
So far, the most extensive study on the use of Artemisinin as an anti-cancer agent was carried out by bioengineering scientists Drs Narenda Singh and Henry Lai of the University of Washington. This study was reported in the Journal Life Science (70 (2001): 49-56).
Iron is required for cell division, and it is well known that many cancer cell types selectively accumulate iron for this purpose. Most cancers have large number of iron attracting transferring receptors on their cell surface compared to normal cells. In laboratory studies of radiation, resistant breast cancer cells that has high propensity for accumulating iron revealed that artemisinin has 75 percent cancer cell killing properties in a 8 hours and almost 100 percent killing properties within 24 hours when these cancer cells are “pre-loaded” with ironafter incubation with holotransferrin. On the other hand, the normal cells remained virtually unharmed. Another study showing the effectiveness of artesunate in treatment of cancer was also published in Oncology (April 2001: 18(4): 767-73).
The fact that iron content of cancer cells is high has also been used in another anti-cancer therapy called Zoetron therapy, where iron containing cancer cells are induced into motion using a magnetic device to induce resonance. Resonance generate heat. Cancer cells are more sensitive to heat compared to normal healthy cells. When cancer cells are heated to a certain temperature, they die while normal cells still survive.
Provita Nutrition Artemisinin Pro is a herbal compound with anti-parasitic, anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
- Capsules per bottle: 30
- Capsule shell: vegetarian gelatin.
- Vegan / Dairy Free / Gluten Free / Soy Free
Each Capsule Contains:
- Artemisinin……………………………………100 mg
Non Medicinal Ingredients
- Microcrystalline cellulose, Magnesium stearate, Vegetable gelatin (Hypromellose)
Does not Contain:
- Dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, corn, yeast, nuts, artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours
- Adults: Take 1 capsule per day on an empty stomach or as advised by your healthcare provider.
- Consult your health care provider prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Consult your health care provider if symptoms persist or worsen.
- As with any natural health products, you should consult a healthcare practitioner on the use of this product.
- Do not use if seal is broken.
- Keep sealed, store in a cool, dry place and at 15 – 25 deg. Celsius.
- Keep out of reach of children.