Astaxanthin, dubbed the “king of the carotenoids” is red, and is responsible for turning salmon, crab, lobster and shrimp flesh pink. In the animal kingdom, this compound is found in the highest concentration in the muscles of salmon. Scientists theorize astaxanthin helps provide the endurance these remarkable animals need to swim upstream. For humans, astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant with broad health implications and unlike other antioxidants, such as beta carotene, zeaxanthin, vitamin E, C, D and selenium, astaxanthin never becomes pro-oxidant in the body.
Astaxanthin is in a class of its own when it comes to antioxidant coverage, because it filters into every cell of the body. Its unique molecular lipophilic and hydrophilic properties allow it to span the entire cell, with one end of the astaxanthin molecule protecting the fat-soluble part of the cell and one end protecting the water-soluble part of the cell. You might think of it as giving your cell a full-body hug!
Natural astaxanthin is exceptionally powerful in singlet-oxygen quenching. A 2007 study analyzed several popular antioxidants and their antioxidant power. This study found astaxanthin was 6,000 times stronger than vitamin C, 800 times stronger than CoQ10, 550 times stronger than green tea catechins and 75 times stronger than alpha lipoic acid.
- Eye problems such as age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Early research suggests that a combination of astaxanthin, lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin E, vitamin C, zinc, and copper taken daily for 12 months improves some problems in the center of the eye, but does not improve problems in the outer areas of the eye in people with age-related macular degeneration.
DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know that Astaxanthin is responsible for making flamingos pink? Flamingos are actually born white, they only obtain their pink color once they begin to consume foods in nature that contain high levels of the antioxidant, Astaxanthin.
Each Capsule Contains:
- Astaxanthin (Haematococcus pluvialis)……………………………15 mg
Non Medicinal Ingredients
- Microcrystalline cellulose, Magnesium stearate, hypromellose.
Does not Contain
- Dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, corn, yeast, nuts, artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours.
- Adults: Take 1 capsule per day or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
- Consult your health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- As with any natural health products, you should consult a healthcare practitioner on the use of this product.
- Do not use if seal is broken.
- Keep sealed, store in a cool, dry place and at 15 – 25 deg. Celsius.
- Keep out of reach of children.
There are no review yet!