Bioactive Vitamin B12 Pro
Bioactive Vitamin B12 Pro – A little goes a long way with Provita Nutrition Bioactive Vitamin B12 Pro. Not only does B12 help the body to form red blood cells but it also helps it to fully burn and metabolize its carbs, fats and proteins. As we get older, many may learn that they are low in B12 so supplementing with this important vitamin can help prevent a deficiency and illnesses such as Pernicious anemia or Tinnitis (ringing in the ears).
Information About Provita Nutrition Bioactive Vitamin B12 Pro
– You need vitamin B12 to form DNA, make healthy blood cells and keep nerves working properly.
– Low levels of vitamin B12 can cause pernicious anemia. Vegetarians who eat no animal products and the elderly who absorb less vitamin B12 are most at risk.
– Vitamin B12 is found only in animal foods and fortified foods. People who avoid all animal products should look for meat alternatives, such as soy products fortified with vitamin B12.
– Ten to thirty percent of older people may not absorb vitamin B12 well. Health Canada advises adults over 50 years to consume foods fortified with vitamin B12 or a supplement containing vitamin B12.
A vitamin B12 test measures the amount of vitamin B12 in the blood. The body needs this B vitamin to make blood cells and to maintain a healthy nervous system. Vitamin B12 is found in animal products such as meat, shellfish, milk, cheese, and eggs. Most people who eat animal products are not likely to develop vitamin B12 deficiency anemia unless their bodies can’t absorb it from food. Strict vegetarians (vegans) who do not eat animal products and babies of mothers who are strict vegetarians are at increased risk for developing anemia and should take a supplement containing vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is stored in the liver for a year or more, which reduces a person’s risk of anemia. Vitamin B12 is usually measured at the same time as a folic acid test, because a lack of either one or both can lead to a form of anemia called megaloblastic anemia. Lack of vitamin B12 also affects the nervous system.
What happens if I don’t get enough vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 deficiency causes tiredness, weakness, constipation, loss of appetite, weight loss, and megaloblastic anemia. Nerve problems, such as numbness and tingling in the hands and feet, can also occur. Other symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency include problems with balance, depression, confusion, dementia, poor memory, and soreness of the mouth or tongue. Vitamin B12 deficiency can damage the nervous system even in people who don’t have anemia, so it is important to treat a deficiency as soon as possible. In infants, signs of a vitamin B12 deficiency include failure to thrive, problems with movement, delays in reaching the typical developmental milestones, and megaloblastic anemia.
Provita Nutrition Bioactive Vitamin B12 Pro CONTAINS:
- Vitamin B-12 (Natural Methylcobalamin) Forte ………………….1000mcg
- Rice Protein Concentrate ……………………………………….340mg
Provita Nutrition Bioactive Vitamin B12 Pro HIGHLIGHTS:
- Metabolizes carbohydrates, fats & protein
- Supports brain functions, memory and concentration
- Supports healthy nervous system functions
- Helpful for anemia
- High Quality Product
Provita Nutrition Bioactive Vitamin B12 Pro DOSAGE:
- Take 1 tablet daily or as directed by a health care practitioner.
There are no review yet!