NADH, or nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, is a natural substance found in most life forms and is essential for energy production. It is located both in the mitochondria and in the cytosol of cells where it is produced. It is a dinucleotide, and is the reduced form of NAD+, which is synthesized endogenously from niacin, or vitamin B3. This compound is a central member of the electron transfer chain in the mitochondria leading to the production of ATP.
NADH is present in every living cell, animal or plant, hence is present in our daily food. Meat, poultry and fish contain the highest amount of it. Vegetables, fruits and other vegetarian food have a much lower content than meat. Most of the NADH we take from foods is destroyed during the cooking process. The situation would not be much improved even if our diets consisted mostly of raw meat or fish, as the greater part of the NADH present in these foods is degraded by the stomach gastric acid system in our bodies.
Animal cells do produce more NADH, because they need more energy for movement and locomotion. The highest content of NADH is found in the heart and flight muscle of birds. Plants are unable to move from one place to another, so they don’t need that much energy. Therefore they produce much less NADH than animal cells. Because of the low NADH content from plant sources, a vegetarian’s intake of NADH is significantly less than that of people with a mixed meat-containing diet. It is known that vegetarians can develop an NADH deficiency over time. However, they may overcome their potential NADH deficit by a simple daily supplement tablet of the stabilized form of NADH
Benefits & Uses
Provita Nutrition NADH plays an active role and has a positive, impact of the body’s network of defense systems. It enhances the body’s immune system. It is directly involved in the metabolic burst as the rate of energy being released. The metabolic burst appears to be one of the initial steps leading to the cell’s destruction of a foreign invaders, and harmful organisms. NADH has also been studied to determine its ability to lower blood pressure and positively affect lipids. In one study among laboratory animals, systolic blood pressure, total cholesterol, and LDL cholesterol were significantly reduced in the NADH group as opposed to the control group, with no discernable differences in blood levels of glucose, insulin, triglyceride or HDL cholesterol.
These studies have shown that giving Provita Nutrition NADH:
- to patients with neurodegenerative diseases, induced an increase in dopamine. It also generated improvements in motor skills, walking, posture and speech as well cognitive and emotional improvement in some patients;
- NADH increases levels of dopamine and noradrenalin in the brain. It may also be assumed that, because of its participation in the production of the energy molecule ATP, it is able to restore energy to the brain;
- Improves cognitive and behavioral problems. An increase in brain dopamine / noradrenalin activity was also observed;
- to long distance runners and cyclists, significantly improved their performance and stimulated their mental capacity and alertness;
- to footballers, increased alertness, concentration and ability to react to stress. Their blood levels of L-dopa and noradrenalin also increased;
- to individuals on a long-haul flight, counteracted the effects of jetlag and improved their alertness and mental function.
Each Capsule Contains:
- Nicotinamide adenin dinucleotide ………………..……..12.5 mg
- Coenzyme Q10 (Ubiquinone)………………………………………….….30 mg
- Chlorophyll (Sodium Copper Chlorophyllin)….……………………5 mg
Non Medicinal Ingredients
- Hypromellose, Chlorophyll (Sodium Copper Chlorophyllin), Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate
Does not Contain
- Dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, corn, yeast, nuts, artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours
- Exceptional results were obtained by strong association of the two coenzymes but with a larger dose of Coenzyme Q10: 1 tablet in the morning of NADH + associated with a capsule of Coenzyme Q10 Forte 200mg bioactive.
- This combination significantly enhances the ability of cells to respond to various treatments with surprising results.