Vitexin is an excellent hormonal tonic for women. Extensive clinical studies as well as over two thousand years of use have proven the effectiveness of this remedy. It works by stimulating and normalizing the pituitary gland, which regulates the balance of estrogen and progesterone in the body.
Chaste tree (or chaste berry) is a native of the Mediterranean region and is traditionally used to correct hormone imbalances in women and men.
According to the European Medicine Agency, ethanol extract of Vitex agnus-castus contains constituents which inhibit prolactin release. The mechanism of action is presumed to be via dopaminergic effects resulting in changes of prolactin secretion from the anterior pituitary.
Reduction in prolactin levels affects the Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and estrogen levels in females and testosterone levels in men.
Did you know
Prolactin provides the body with sexual gratification after sexual acts: the hormone counteracts the effect of dopamine, which is linked to sexual arousal.
Chaste tree received its name from the ancient Greeks and Romans because they believed that it decreased the female libido, thus ensuring chastity. It has been eaten and worn by Monks to promote celibacy. Its modern medicinal uses are also related to sex hormones. The active ingredients of chaste tree have been noted to affect the pituitary gland.
This gland is located in the brain and produces hormones that stimulate the production of sex hormones in other areas of the body. It also contains chemicals that have the ability to stimulate human progesterone receptors and favour the production of luteinizing hormone over follicle stimulating hormone. These hormones are used in the female body to support pregnancy and lactation, but their effects can also help other female complaints.
Chaste tree can be purchased as a loose herb, tincture or encapsulated herb. Better quality supplements are standardized which is an assurance that the product contains chaste tree and has some active properties. The berry contains the greatest concentration of active ingredients.
Provita Nutrition Vitexin Pro Contains:
- Chasteberry (Vitex agnus-castus) 5:1extract………………..200 mg
- Dried Herb Equivalent (DHE: 1000 mg)
Non Medicinal Ingredients
- Microcrystalline cellulose, Magnesium stearate, Gelatin
Provita Nutrition Vitexin Pro Does not Contain
- Dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, corn, yeast, nuts, artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours.
Provita Nutrition Vitexin Pro Dosage
- Adults: Take Take 1 capsule 1-2 times per day or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Provita Nutrition Vitexin Pro Cautions:
- Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking hormone-containing medications such as progesterone preparations, oral contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy.
- As with any natural health products, you should consult a healthcare practitioner on the use of this product.
- Do not use if seal is broken.
- Keep sealed, store in a cool, dry place and at 15 – 25 deg. Celsius.
- Keep out of reach of children.