Vitexin is an excellent hormonal tonic for women. Extensive clinical studies as well as over two thousand years of use have proven the effectiveness of this remedy. It works by stimulating and normalizing the pituitary gland, which regulates the balance of estrogen and progesterone in the body.
In a normal menstrual cycle, estrogen is higher before ovulation and progesterone is higher after. An imbalance of these hormones can lead to a range of symptoms associated with PMS. Chasteberry’s ability to lower prolactin concentrations as well as to restore the estrogen-progesterone balance may offer significant relief. Prior to menstruation, many women find themselves irritable, depressed, and bloated. These typical PMS symptoms may occur because of an insufficient production of progesterone in the two weeks prior to menstruation. Chasteberry helps to normalize the ratio of progesterone to estrogen, thus providing relief from these monthly discomforts. In a recent study of premenstrual women, 90% of those who took Chasteberry reported that they experienced a reduction in PMS symptoms.
In a clinical study, Chasteberry was used with women with menstrual cycle abnormalities. Their menstrual-related acne was either eliminated or improved during treatment.
Chaste tree received its name from the ancient Greeks and Romans because they believed that it decreased the female libido, thus ensuring chastity. It has been eaten and worn by Monks to promote celibacy. Its modern medicinal uses are also related to sex hormones. The active ingredients of chaste tree have been noted to affect the pituitary gland.
This gland is located in the brain and produces hormones that stimulate the production of sex hormones in other areas of the body. It also contains chemicals that have the ability to stimulate human progesterone receptors and favour the production of luteinizing hormone over follicle stimulating hormone. These hormones are used in the female body to support pregnancy and lactation, but their effects can also help other female complaints.
Natural health practitioners recommended chaste tree for conditions such as PMS, acne and menstrual cramps; hot flashes, vaginal dryness and other menopausal symptoms; insufficient milk production and first trimester miscarriages.
Chaste tree can be purchased as a loose herb, tincture or encapsulated herb. Better quality supplements are standardized which is an assurance that the product contains chaste tree and has some active properties. The berry contains the greatest concentration of active ingredients.
Although natural health practitioners sometimes recommend it to pregnant women, chaste tree may induce menstruation and should be used cautiously. It may alter hormonal cycles and theoretically can interfere with birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy. It alters dopamine levels and may affect drugs for seizures, Parkinson’s and mental disorders.
Provita Nutrition Vitexin Pro HIGHLIGHTS:
- Effective treatment for female infertility
- PMS, breast tenderness, cramps, hormonal acne, irritability, heavy menstruation
- Irregular periods and ovulation
- Mood swings, water retention
- Polycystic ovarian disease & minimizes fibrocystic breast symptoms.
Provita Nutrition Vitexin Pro Contains:
- Chasteberry (Vitex agnus-castus) 5:1extract………………..200 mg
- Dried Herb Equivalent (DHE: 1000 mg)
Non Medicinal Ingredients
- Microcrystalline cellulose, Magnesium stearate, Gelatin
Provita Nutrition Vitexin Pro Does not Contain
- Dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, corn, yeast, nuts, artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours.
Provita Nutrition Vitexin Pro Dosage
- Adults: Take Take 1 capsule 1-2 times per day or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Provita Nutrition Vitexin Pro Cautions:
- Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking hormone-containing medications such as progesterone preparations, oral contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy.
- As with any natural health products, you should consult a healthcare practitioner on the use of this product.
- Do not use if seal is broken.
- Keep sealed, store in a cool, dry place and at 15 – 25 deg. Celsius.
- Keep out of reach of children.